I am ... Can't Post

Is yoga your profession?

lotusbud
Regular

Mar 14, 2004, 2:35 PM

Post #2 of 10 (22621 views)
Shortcut
Re: I am ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully I can devote full time to my practise during the second year of teacher training September this year.
I guess its getting a fine balance between other career income enough to pay the bills and enough hours practise of yoga.

jaythehippy
New User

Mar 15, 2004, 4:51 AM

Post #3 of 10 (22614 views)
Shortcut

I wish i was that lucky Frown
It sends my head nutty. One Hour im in an office with two phones stuck to my head the next im trying to bring myself down enough to be able to put in a good practice
Hopefully one day i will be able to change all this, until then.............. two worlds isn't always better than one.

JaySmile

montali
New User

May 17, 2004, 3:00 AM

Post #4 of 10 (22181 views)
Shortcut

Dear Ivan,
yes I am a full time teacher now. I want to dedicate my time to yoga now. I was a language teacher but I opened a studio here in le marche. www.yoga-camerino.it. if you ever would like to come and teach here that would be brilliant. As it is not very much spread the iyengar method in this remote part of Italy
regards
Karin

tribaltours
New User

May 30, 2005, 3:17 PM

Post #5 of 10 (20016 views)
Shortcut

We hold Iyengar based yoga holidays in Kullu valley , Himachal Pradesh , north east Indian himalayas. Our teacher Manmohan Dhoundiyal was taught by Rudra-dev-Gora, second pupil to B.K.S. Iyengar
All in package prices for learners upto teacher coaching , in the best surroundings contact me please. We have dedicated practice hall , and the best stituation in the himalayas. Accomodation is cottage style our own, all meals vegetarian and inclusive, massage and hot sulpher springs , treks and jeep safaris. The best , most of or clients ( friends ) are
re-bookings, Email for more info or brochure ..... yogavalley@iyengar-yoga.com
om shanti.

(This post was edited by tribaltours on May 30, 2005, 3:30 PM)

pishi
New User

Dec 31, 2005, 3:46 AM

Post #6 of 10 (18565 views)
Shortcut

yes

Sunrise
New User

Feb 18, 2006, 8:27 AM

Post #7 of 10 (18252 views)
Shortcut

Hello.
I am new in practicing Iyengar Yoga this year. Started my yoga in January 2006. Been a student of other kinds of yoga for 30 years. I am in college working on my BA degree in Psychology. There is a college class in yoga at the college gym on Friday afternoons. Fell on my book bag in the college parking lot and broke my glasses. Found out I have High Blood Pressure. My doctor said I should continue practice yoga as well as take my blood pressure medicine. If all goes well, I won't need the medicine later on.
Thank You,
Sunrise

laportama
New User

Aug 28, 2010, 5:41 PM

Post #8 of 10 (9855 views)
Shortcut

Advise against "testing".

mlkokoyachuk
New User

Sep 24, 2011, 2:40 PM

Post #9 of 10 (8026 views)
Shortcut

Not yet. I've recently come to yoga and don't know why it's taken me so long because the benefits are what I've been looking for all my life. I guess it's true that things will come as they should. The student wasn't ready for the lesson. Now that I am here, I am passionate and want to make yoga a lifestyle. I will do all that I can to immerse myself in the joy of it. I am currently unemployed and homeless but blessed to have good friends that let me couch surf. a lil from unemployment and food stamps. My biggest blessing though is my yoga instructor, Jeff, who has granted me a scholarship. His generosity keeps me sane, somewhat balanced and joyous despite where my body resides. I am happy whenever he tells me he is blessed whenever I come to the Yoga center. The beauty I've learned, so far from Yoga is that the best way in life to be, is to just be.

Yogreen
Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2013, 6:08 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2384 views)
Shortcut

I have been practicing yoga for quite a while but no, I am not a yoga teacher. I am an office worker. Thanks to yoga, I am pretty healthy despite that I have a sedentary job.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3