Please help my sore shoulder

dancebum
New User

Jan 23, 2006, 11:53 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4105 views)
Shortcut
Please help my sore shoulder Can't Post

Happy new year to all !

I've been having trouble with my left shoulder. It started hurting last spring and it doesn't seem to want to heal. The pain sometimes goes right up to the back of my head, goes along the neck, in front and all around the collar bone, right up to the end of the shoulder. I've been training everyday now for the past couple of months. Because of this, I do Sarvangasana with a chair and Sirsasana with metal polls on each side of my neck to alleviate the pain. But each time I stretch my arm above my head, the pain jolts and Lord only knows all the asanas that involve that kind of motion.

I know what you might be thinking. Why does she not ask her teacher. Well I have and she told me to put heat on it. I have. No effect. Then, she showed me a exercise with ropes to pull the trapezius muscle downwards. No effect.

Any recommandations ?

izzy
New User

Feb 6, 2006, 12:46 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3972 views)
Shortcut
Re: Please help my sore shoulder [In reply to] Can't Post

You've had this problem with your shoulder for a long time now. You could go see an osteopath who could determine if the problem lies in your shoulder or neck, or possibly elsewhere?! He/she can also use different techniques to alleviate the problem. When I had knee problems which just wouldn't go away, a few visits to a osteopath did the trick.

dancebum
New User

Feb 7, 2006, 8:35 AM

Post #3 of 3 (3966 views)
Shortcut
Re: Please help my sore shoulder [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Izzy,

I'm going to radiology tomorrow to see where and what the problem is. Then, I plan on seing a physiotherapist/osteopath.

It is incredibly difficult for me now because I can't do asanas all the way, I have to care for my shoulder despite my great need to hit the perfect pose. Mind and Ego, Ego and Mind, tugging at my intelligence.

But Mind and Ego is what got me in trouble in the first place. The pain was there, but I was trying to ignore it. It's not always easy to determine what is good pain and what is bad pain. And when to stop. And when to go on.

This is where I am in my sadhana.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3