Discussion Forum: Iyengar Yoga Resources: Feedback and Help:
knee bumps injury

risa
New User

Mar 6, 2006, 1:41 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3851 views)
Shortcut
knee bumps injury Can't Post

Hello, I was wonder if anyone could offer some advice...I'd seek medical attention but I currently live in Japan ( sports therapy or such isn't always in English).
I've practiced yoga about three years, and have noticed that over time I developed kind of boney "bumps" on my shin bone just below my knee. My left (and weaker) leg if the problem. At first it hurt only when I touched it but now if I practice at all it's quite painful after. I stopped for three months and the pain went away completely but the bump remained. Suggestions? I'm currently going to the gym to try and strenghten my legs...but I'm kind of at a loss as to the relationship between my practice and this problem. Anything that involves forward bends (I guess with maximum straight leg stretching) seems to be the issue. I've stopped in the mean time and am sad..

any knee solutions would be welcome!
Risa

lydiat
New User

May 27, 2006, 8:24 PM

Post #2 of 2 (3703 views)
Shortcut
Re: knee bumps injury [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a knee problem -- a "hallow" knee -- and am advised to do chair pose everyday to strengthen the knee. Your problem seems to be different, so I am not sure if this would help.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3